Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Just have to say...

I feel like if I don't tell someone this I'm going to die!! I'm so giddy about it! Anyways, today I had a few minutes with no kids, so being as lame as I am, I went to Costco. They were having this huge Greg Olsen gallery. I am a HUGE fan of anything and everything Greg Olsen has done. So I called Jim and said that a picture was what I wanted for Christmas. He gave me my budget and said go wild. Well, this guy walks up to me and asks if he can help me. After talking for about 15 minutes and expressing my frustration about not being able to find the 'O Jerusalem' painting in a really big size at a price I can afford, I find out that the man is GREG OLSEN!!! I was getting a personal tour of his art through the artist himself!! It was amazing. So, then he says let me see what I can do about the painting you want. He came back about 5 minutes later with his brother, who is also his agent. They proceed to tell me they've found me a painting. I was like great, now I have to tell Greg Olsen that even though I want it, I can't pay $10,000 for it. I was about to be very humbled. Then he says, 'I'm willing to sell you MY painting, that I have at MY house, to you.' I couldn't believe that he would do that. I felt I had to tell him there no way I could afford what he was offering to me, even though I was flattered. He then says he will sell me it for $1800 dollars. I ALMOST CRIED!!! I can't believe that this amazing artist is also one of the sweetest men alive! He told me that because he knew how passionately I wanted it, and that I couldn't afford at the retail price he would give it to me. He said that he felt he was hanging on to this piece for someone and that he now believes it was for me! I called Jim, and he knew how much I wanted this painting, told me to get it! I can't believe it! I am now going to get my favorite piece of art at the size I wanted, and at a price I never thought would be available! So, after this long and probably boring post to all of you, I feel so much better. It's amazing how something can consume a person, until they either write it down or tell everyone! So until I get the picture, which hopefully be soon, this blog is all I needed to do! So pictures of it coming soon!! Here is a pic of it off the Internet, the original will be even more stunning!!

2 comments:

tysqui said...

What an incredible story! It's nice to think that it was probably more than a chance meeting with the artist. Congrats!

Christy Music said...

I know I should be thrilled for you that you got this great painting and had such a great experience, but I find myself being more jealous that you had a few minutes of peace and quiet without kiddos;) JK! Good job!