Saturday, March 29, 2008

Hunter Britney Watkins


Yesterday we lost our sweet niece Hunter to Battens Disease. She went peacefully in her parents arms. As she was passing on she opened her eyes and gave a rare smile to her Mom and Dad. I am so thankful that she was a part of our family. She was so energetic, loving, loved animals, and was so sweet you couldn't help but smile when you saw her. We will miss her so much but know that she is in Heaven with her doggy Hershey, running around laughing and playing. It's been a long road but worth everyday. Jake and Trish are amazing. They both maintained such great attitudes about the sacrifices they had to make, and managed to raise 5 other beautiful girls, working full time and giving Hunter 24 hour care. Trish and Jake you are my hero. I will never forget the example you have set for me as a parent. You are so full of PURE love. I love you. And Anna, Lacey, Kiersten, Whitney and Sadie you are the most amazing girls I have EVER known. You never complained about having to help with Hunter and loved her unconditional. You are also my Hero's. I love you girls and pray that you have peace. We miss you already Hunter, but we are so happy that you can run again and be happy! We love you!!



First picture of Hunter is at the Polynesian cultural center in Hawaii. She went there on her 'make a wish' trip. She also swam with the dolphins. She was the star of the show, as you can see.

5 comments:

The Paulks said...

To Jake and Trish's family: we are so sorry for your loss! We love and are thinking about your family right now.

To Kate:
Sorry I'm the biggest freaking slacker in the whole wide world. Happy Birthday to you 1/2 month late! Does that make you feel better about 2 days late? I've been in Utah, not blogging. I hope you had a great day. I love you!

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

Katey,
I am trully sorry for the loss that your family is going through. Times like this help me reflect on that eternal knowledge that we have. What a blessing for Hunter's family to know that she is well taken care of while she waits to be reunited with them.
With love

Hollie

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing those photos of your niece. What a sweetheart! I'm very sorry for your loss.

Sarah

Kris said...

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for sharing her story.

afacer said...

Katey- My thoughts and prayers go out to your family! What a sweet angel. May you all receive peace through our Savior. Much love! Ang