Monday, April 14, 2008

Faux camping, 10K and Molars

We broke in our fire bowl this weekend. We had so much fun. On Saturday night our good friend Jake and his girlfriend (forgot name :( sorry) came over. Jake is one of the most talented people I know. He seriously can play guitar and sing and write songs that I would buy on Itunes. So we made him sing to us all night. It was like the good ol' camping with Jakers.

Then on Sunday night we decided to BBQ and have Luke and Nancy over with my Dad. And gave the fire bowl another go round. I think our neighbors are a little worried about this summer. We like late night parties! (Of course with no alcohol we don't get to loud)But it was just like camping except the kids can run around and play with the toys in a fenced yard, and we don't have to worry that they may be eaten by bears :)


On to the next subject... I am publicly announcing... I am going to run a 10K. This is big news considering I have NEVER ran more than the 1 mile required in gym class. I found a great training program and it seems to be working. I ran 2 miles today. Big for me. Now some of you may be thinking how lame I am for running my first 10K, I know most of you have probably ran 10 of them. But here's the thing, today while running, I had this thought come into my head, saying 'I can't do this. I am not a runner'. Over and Over again. And then suddenly I realized it wasn't me saying that, it was Satan. Seriously, he is trying to get me down. So that I feel like I have another failure to add to the list. Well guess what. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! I am going to do this. I can do this! So I am going public with it so that I feel even more reason to do. You may have to shift through some post about how far and trials I am having with it but, hey this is my journal right?

OK and last but not least. A random thought.

While cleaning Lexi's toys today I came across this.



It's an onion. But why did they make it look like a MOLAR? I have never bought an onion that looks like that.

2 comments:

Christy Music said...

What training program are you using? I had someone tell me today that they want me to do this 10K "Bridge Run" with them next spring in Charleston. So we'll see what happens.

You have all the fun after we leave, seriously. You better come visit us or else! But leave the "molar" at home :)

Nancy said...

Oh MY GOSH....
I don't realise How fat I am until I see myself in a picture!!! Mirrors Suck.... Anyway thankfully I have only about a month left... and Hopefully I'm done fatening up!! HA!! Well unless we have some more of those smores!!! YUMMY!!!
Love ya
Nancy