Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Salad

or anytime salad.



I just had to share this recipe for the yummiest salad ever! It takes the place of Costa Vida for me.

1 tub of spring salad mix - from Sam's or Costco
1 pomegranate - seeded and washed
1 tub of strawberries- sliced
1 cup of toasted pine nuts (I toast them in oil on the stove top.)
1 package of wontons. Fried and lightly salted.

Dressing
1/4 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of strawberry jam
1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
1 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp of dry mustard
1/2 tsp of salt

Combine sugar, dry mustard and salt. Mix Well.
Add red wine vinegar. Mix well.
Using a food processor (or blender) puree mixture for one minute.
Add strawberry jam. Puree for two minutes.
Keep pureeing while slowly pouring in olive oil until the dressing has emulsified (oil & vinegar no longer separate). This should take 2-3 minutes.
Keep in refrigerator in air tight container. Mix well before serving.

1 comments:

The Paulks said...

Looks delicious, and I'm seriously impressed. That looks like it takes a little bit of time to make... You are my inspiration! :)