Thursday, December 13, 2007

'I want a hippopotamus for Christmas'

OK, considering that both Jim and I and both kids are deathly ill, feel lucky that I am even posting this. The recital was last night. It was so much fun going and see all the excited kids. It reminded me so much of when I danced. Only our recitals were 3 hours and 3 nights in row! So this 45 min recital was a lot more bearable for Jim! Lexi got really nervous once she got out to dance, and actually did the same thing for half of the dance. Poor girl looked frightened! :( But then she picked up the beat and started dancing again. For her first time in front of an audience she did really well. After the show, daddy gave her some roses he picked up on his way there (without any suggestion!) and she was really happy about that! Because she danced to 'I want a hippopotamus for Christmas' we bought her a stuffed hippo and gave it to her. But she liked the candy cane that Santa gave her the best. What gives? OH WELL. Anyways here are the pics from last night. I can't get the video to upload so that will come when it decides to work! Sorry

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Lexi looks so cute in that costume! I just watched your reindeer movie and laughed my guts out! Tell your brothers thanks for making my day! I miss you guys!

Christy Music said...

Cute costume Lexi had! And that was a cute idea for Jim to pick up flowers for her... so sweet...

It's just Barb said...

Wow Lexi is so adorable! I wish I could have been there to watch! You will have to share the video with us. Have a merry Christmas!