Friday, April 4, 2008

Peace

No other word can describe the way I feel now. It's been such an up and down week that it is so great to feel so much peace. I wasn't sure what I really expected, but as soon as I saw our sweet Hunter, so peaceful and she looked so mature and beautiful. I instantly figured out where Jake and Trish were getting their strength. They have been so steady and great. They really are so amazing.

Here is the Watkins family.


My 2 favorite teens. Anna, me and Lacey


It makes me cry to see these pics. Here is a girl who just lost her little sister and look how beautiful and peaceful she is. You really must know this family to see the greatness in them.


The pallbearers


The memorial was so awesome. There was lots of tears but we also laughed talking about Hunter and how funny and spunky she was. They had all the Aunts and Uncles and cousins sing 'Together Forever' and it was really hard to get through but was so special. At the cemetery we did a 100 balloon release.


The young kids wrote a note to Hunter and we attached them to the balloons and 'sent' them to her in heaven. It was so beautiful. Thank you all for your kind words and support. It makes such a huge difference when you have so many people that care. And thanks for spreading the word! I saw so many people I haven't seen in years. It was great seeing you all.



That's what family is for.


Michael McLean's 'Together Forever'

Well it's hard to say goodbye and let go.
And it's hard to see it end.
When the memories we have made may never happen again.
But it's harder for time to ever erase, the together times we've shared.
So when we're apart remember, all the love we've shared together and for all this love thank the Lord above who showed us the way...
That we can be together forever someday.
We can be together forever someday.
We can be together forever someday.

2 comments:

Jessio said...

Oh, Katey it was wonderful to see people I haven't seen in years too! It was a really sweet occassion. You can see my blog about it if you want. I really felt the spirit and my testimony was renewed. "Peace" is the perfect word.

afacer said...

Katey - so glad to hear that despite the heartache you have been able to find peace. It's amazing what the spirit can do. Hope you guys are all doing well.