After talking with some friends I have found that there are a lot people who want to do canning but don't know when or where to do it. So I am putting together a group. I am thinking next Monday or Wednesday at Welfare square. We would meet at 8 o'clock and there are no kids allowed.
I took the totally of everything you should have and divided them up into monthly supplies. It would cost $41.68/person monthly. I know it's kind of costly but it last for 20+ years. I find that it's to overwhelming looking at the year supply. The numbers are so high. So I here's what you need for basics for each person per month
Everything listed in #10 can sizes
3 Wheat ($2.37 each)
2 Rice ($3.09 each)
1 Pinto Bean ($3.47 each)
1 Sugar ($4.00 each)
1 Can Dry Milk ($13.30 each)
1 Quick Oats ($1.96 each)
1 Macaroni ($3.40 each)
1 Flour ($2.26 each)
Then you have the options of the extras which I think are still necessary. But the above list is the basics. So here's the extras and prices
Dried Onions ($6.71 each)
Apple Slices ($5.43 each) SO YUMMY
Carrots ($8.84 each)
Hot Cocoa ($7.82 Each)
Fruit Drink Mix (4.88 each)
Remeber you should have 9 months of this kind of storage and 3 months of everday food you eat. Like cereals and and Peanut butter and jelly ect....
I feel so strongly about getting our food storage in order. And I know there are some of you that do to. So if you want to join our group on Monday or Wednesday next week email me or comment me and let me know ASAP. And let me know which day is best for you. And remember no kids are allowed in there so you would need a sitter all day.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Family Canning
Posted by Katey at 8:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Hey - once Mike gets a job I am totally in. Keep me posted! Ang
Post a Comment