Happy be-lated Mother's day to all my mommy friends! I don't think I ever fully appreciated my mom until I was a mom myself. I am glad my husband acknowledges how hard it is to be a full time mommy and helps me out so much. Thanks Mom for all you've done for me. And thanks Marsha you are like a 2nd mom to me.
Jim decided to let me take a nap yesterday, but as I was laying down I glanced out the window and saw this...
I just couldn't sleep after seeing them outside eating ice cream sandwiches together. It was a nice thought though. The only this my mom wanted for mother's day was to have us all go with her to church.
Well my Mom moved back into our old Layton stake. Where I grew up with the Yarbrough's, Allphin's, Batey's, Squires- pretty much everyone. Her church is the same church we use to go too. It brought back so many memories.
Ty was being naughty so I took him into an empty class room and it was the room where Sister Jensen was our Sunday school teacher. I loved that class.
Then I walked into the cultural hall (Ty must have loved all the walking and playing we were doing!) were we used to play basketball. I remembered once when we were playing b-ball and Treva and I pretend to have an eye contact fall out so that we could steal the ball from the boys. Neither of us wore contacts!
Then I started thinking about how we all use to play night games. So many memories. Sometimes I wished we could go back to the carefree life we had back then. Those are some of my best memories. I wished we could all move into the same neighborhood so our kids could have friends like that! Or I could find a neighborhood like that. WOW, I just got way off track here..
So anyways, happy Mother's day to you all!
Me and my baby girl
Monday, May 12, 2008
Thoughts...
Posted by Katey at 12:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
I haven't been in that building for ages, but it was fun to read about a few of your memories. I've been reading my journals from junior high and high school and have enjoyed reading about all of our escapades... This was a fun post to read :).
Those were good memories!! You are you family are gorgeous by the way!!
Post a Comment