OK due to popular demand from my face book page, here is the longer story of what happened. Friday night Ty got sick and was throwing up all night. The next morning we got up and went to the fire station with Matt (How many hats can the kid were? A full time marine, volunteer firefighter, EMT, and search and rescue. He stays plenty busy!(my camera died, so dad has all of the good pictures)).
Lexi wearing Matt's jacket
And the boots
Sitting in the truck
Jesse always wears his fire gear when he goes to the station. So cute.
So, I was beat. I had to take a nap as soon as we got home, so that I wouldn't crash while driving. I woke up and it was 5 o'clock. I hate driving in the dark!
So needless to say, I got a late start yesterday driving from North Carolina to South Carolina, what should have been a 3 hour drive. My GPS took me on 2 closed roads and about 1 hour out of my way into the mountains of North Carolina.
I hadn't seen a car in 30 minutes, had no cell phone reception and the kids were freaking in the car... TOTAL STRESS! So I'm on the highway and up a head there is a car stopped in the middle of the road and this older black guy is standing there shooting his pistol into the forest and as I approach he points it at me and stands there.
I stepped on the gas thinking I am not stopping to get shot, I will just hit the dude if he doesn't move. He obviously figured out that I wasn't going to stop and got out of the way just in time. The next 3 miles were spent looking over my shoulder and crying! WELCOME TO SOUTH CAROLINA people!
I was so happy to finally met up with Christy 2 hours later and not have to drive anymore! So there is the condensed version of the story. Just image the horror movies you've seen that take place in the south and that's what it was like. Cloudy, wooded areas, all alone with someone who has a gun. Very scary.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
The gun story...
Posted by Katey at 4:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
I actually saw a horror movie exactly what you just described. It was called wrong turn and it was based in West Virginia! That's pretty scary though. I stopped off in the desert on the way home today and shot off a few rounds of the gun Josh got me... but like we're taught in the military don't ever point a gun at someone unless you are going to kill them!
Holy cow! I'm so glad eveything is ok! I would have been crying too!
Holy crap Katey!
I would have panicked and probably ran over the guy and killed him and kept going to the next state! Yeah, I saw a movie like that too and had nightmares for the rest of the week...........that's when you pray like ---- and do what you did. Thank goodness you ARE still alive!
Well I think you should have stopped. I am sure he was a nice guy...that just likes to point his gun and women and small children... Can we really judge him based only on that?
and yes I am kidding.... glad you are safe.
OMG
Glad you are home safe!!! I think we should go get our concealed weapons permit together.... what do you say?
xxx
Nancy
Post a Comment