Thursday, September 4, 2008

ready to SCREAM!

It's no surprise to people who know me, that I LOVE to paint. I love taking a boring room and adding color and making fun, or warm. But under NO circumstance do I love to paint for this reason...






Lexi's room was completely finished less than 6 months ago. And now I get to start all over again.

Ty got it EVERYWHERE! Dresser. Check. Closet inside and out. Check. Brand new bed. Check. All the walls. Check. The cute flower I made. Check. Every picture frame in the room. Check.



Mr.Clean Magic Eraser failed me. I am ready to cry. The least he could have done was colored in my room where it's in need of new paint.

I'm sure there is a lesson to be learned here but I am so mad I can't see it yet.

:o(

Anyone know another way of get this off other than painting? Yep, it's permanent marker.

7 comments:

voyagingmoon said...

I just googled it and there were a lot of different suggestions that work. I would check it out and see what sounds best to you. I have some orange oil cleaner that was suggested and if yopu want I could bring you some. I'm so sorry about your walls and pictures! They looked perfect!!

Tressa

Anonymous said...

I could cry for you! I'm dreding the day Ian gets ahold of a marker. I wish I knew something that would help. Think off it this way, it could have been poop, well thats bad too.

Vanessa said...

Oh no! I feel for you, it has happened to me on more than one occasion. I tried all the remedies online and couldn't find anything to work for me but hopefully you will find something. We had to paint the boys room but their bed still has Brody's name and the letter B all over it;( Good luck!!!

Lindemans said...

Oh Crap! I'm so sorry! Avery colored on everything. She'd just walk into a room and scribble on the wall as she walked passed it. I finally started breaking her crayons and throwing them away, then I'd make her scrub the wall with Magic Eraser until it was clean. She stopped doing it. HOWEVER! She never used a permanent marker. I feel like crying for you. It's such a frustrating thing. If you come up with a solution to get the marker off, please blog it. I'm sure I'll need it!

rjzito said...

My heart is aching for you! I wish I had some good sugestions but I'm clueless! Good luck, I hope you find a miracle solution!

Ashley said...

Hi Katey! Your family is so cute! But I bet you weren't thinking that so much when you found your son's artwork, that is so terrible! The room is darling, though, I hope you've found a way to salvage it as much as possible.

Your house looks very cute, where did you get your "O, Jeruselam" picture? I've been looking for a big one like that.

Watkins Clan said...

Thanks for offering, but we're just going to push back the party until the next weekend the kids come down. October 4th. And my email address is laceydelrae@hotmail.com