Saturday, October 25, 2008

Bragging RIGHTS!

I WON!!! No, not that dress (from below!).

BUT MY 1ST EVER CHILI COOK OFF! I've never entered a cook off before, who knew that I would be the best all around winner!

So for all that want to try my AWARD WINNING (I love saying that :-)) chili, here it is.

But before I give it to you... It is so easy that your going to think I'm kidding! But I'm not..

(I usually make 2-3 lbs of meat at a time, but here's the recipe for 1 lbs of meat.)

1 lbs of meat. Browned and drained
1 can (16 oz) kidney beans
24 oz can of FRESH mango peach salsa (usually found at the fresh produce cooler)
1/2 to 1 packet of McCormick mild chili seasoning. **

Add it all together, and put it in the crock pot for 2-3 hours.

I will add a can of chili ready tomatoes if it's looks like it needs a few more tomatoes.


** Start off with a 1/2 of the packet. Sometimes the mango salsa is really spicy and sometimes its not. Let it cook in the crock pot for about an hour and a half before adding more to the mixture.

Bon Appetit!

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Way cool. I'm going to the store and think I need some Mango Salsa. How relieved I was to read that it's in the produce section and I didn't have to make it myself. Then it wouldn't have happened. If you start making mango salsa from scratch I can't like you anymore.

Watkins Clan said...

where was the cook off at and what enticed you to enter?

Lewis Family said...

Sounds like a good one for Halloween night! I'm going to give it a try! Hope you are all well! Dixie