Thursday, October 16, 2008

Exhaustion..

I have been doing so many fun things this week and thought 'oh I so need to post these pics'. I am physically so tired they will just have to wait.

You see, Ty BROKE Lexi's arm today. In 2 spots. It was the most horrible thing I have had to see happen to one of my kids. The way she cried. I have never heard that cry before. I knew instantly it was broke and I was 10 feet away from her. Yet, I couldn't cry even though I wanted to, because she was already in shock and upset.

So we wait for the in-laws to come over and watch Ty. Meanwhile Lexi is screaming so loud and can't hold still. I could actually feel her bones grinding together while trying to stop her from moving them. Any yet, I still was not allowed to cry.

We drive as safely and as fast as we can. We get to Davis hospital, they take one look at her and know its bad. (for the record I have never like this hospital. until now.) We are rushed right back, given an exam. Bring in the portable x-ray. More screaming and crying. But not from me.

We find out that both of her forearm bones (don't know the names, I am so tired) are broke at the elbow. Doesn't look like surgery is needed. They brace it and send us on our way. We stop, get food and pain meds. Settle everyone in for bed.

Now, I am trying to keep my eyes open until 11 so I can give my baby some pain meds so she can sleep. I hope when I wake up in the wee hours of morning I can feel rejuvenated.

But for now. The exhaustion and memory of her screaming are to much. So here I am trying to work it all out in my mind. What if's and all. I am so thankful it was only her arm and not her neck. I am so thankful that she didn't need surgery and is now laying bed. I am so thankful that heavenly father knows MY limits and that this is really all I can handle. I know this seems a little extreme but to me it was terrible.

She was so brave and I even took some pics with my camera phone when she was smiling. Maybe I can post those later. Thanks to the in-laws for rushing right over and taking Ty so that I didn't have to worry about him too. Thanks to Mom and dad for coming to the hospital to calm me down and entertain Lexi. And thanks for the kind texts and video from everyone else. She will appreciate them in the morning.

So now I can cry and get it all out, so that tomorrow I can be strong for her again.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my, that is so scary! How are you holding up? I love you! Let me know if you need any help.

Kandis Broadhead said...

Oh...poor girl! I am so sorry This happened! You are one brave women for being able to hold it together, I think I would have broke down.
I hope her arm heals fast!

The Rasmussen Family said...

OUCH! I hope she is doing better today, that cannot be fun :( Sorry to hear that you had such a tough day, you are great though how you handled it...I would have been the crying one for sure!

Aubrey said...

How di TY break her arm?! How horrible--but, think you'll laugh about it one day?