Thursday, December 4, 2008

Michigan

*LONG LONG LONG POST WARNING*


While I realize I still have NOT posted Halloween pictures, please bare with me while during the Christmas season I start writing about Halloween. That means that about Easter time you will hear about Christmas. But at least it we will keep it interesting! Moving on to the great state of MICHIGAN!!

I have to brag about my kids here. They are the BEST travelers. They are just entertained by being on the plane. No toys needed! They rock.



He always falls asleep on the landing...


We got to the house (which is soooo pretty on 3.5 acres. Surrounded by the forest!) and the girls were at school, so we decided to go check them out. On the way to the elementary school, the high school girls were coming down the road on the bus. So what's an aunt to do?!?

I stuck my head out the sun roof and waved like the idiot I am. In the 18 degree cold air. While driving. It was freezing. No pics because we were driving!

Cute girlies!
Whitney. She has the flu and is still that pretty. Not fair


The eldest, Anna. She's going to come live with me. She's like my bestest friend :o) (don't fight me on this, Jake and Trish!)


Kiersten really didn't want her picture taken but I got it anyways ;O)


Lacey really didn't want her picture taken. This was all I got. She is really pretty under those hands there! (Why didn't I get one of Sadee? Because as soon as she was in the door, Lexi kidnapped her for the rest of the trip. We didn't see much of them at all)



The 1st and 2nd day consisted of good food and good company.

My Jakey bird. He had to work the WHOLE time we were there. I was sad. But we saw him at night.



My sis Trish hanging out with Grammie


Then the real reason we came to visit. TWILIGHT!

Anna, Lacey, Kiersten and I decided to be diehard fans (well, we already were!) and get Twilight shirts and be there a few hours early. It paid off because we were the 1st in line for about 2 hours! It's not as popular there as it is here in Utah.

Us in line with our awesome Twilight shirts!
My nieces are such shrimps.... You need to grow another 6 inches or so girls!




I was not kidding when I said it was freezing there. When we went to get the shirts at Hot topic (a store I otherwise would never enter) I bought 4 pairs knee socks. We had to show them off...


Anna and me. We had to take about 6 pictures to get on of Anna not pulling a funny face. I should post them here... but I will refrain...

My movie review. I loved IT!! I know they left a ton of stuff out and condensed a lot of others but how could you take a 498 page book and turn it into a movie? If you read/watched the Harry Potter series, you understand. It's to be expected. But I thought the vampires were awesome and really good looking. When Edward walked in all the teenage girls totally freaked out and started squealing. It was funny.

And to those who said the movie was too funny. Life is funny. Love is funny. Get over it. It shouldn't be too serious. (In my opinion.)


Let me see if I can write this part without bawling like a baby....

We got the chance to go see the window the girls painted for Hunter when she was dying. (I am already crying, whats wrong with me! That wasn't a question, so don't answer that!)

If you want to read the story about the window, go Here or to see Hunters Garden go Here


I felt such peace at being able to see that window. I can't really explain why, but I always wished I had got to say good bye to her one last time. I did say goodbye every time we thought we were going to lose her, but this time, they were across the country and I didn't get to. And it was the time we actually lost her.


Anyways, thank you Trish for taking us there and letting us see it in person. PS My sister (in law Whateva she is my sister) Trish is writing the most beautiful book about Hunter. I made the mistake of reading it in the car and then whenever we went somewhere, I would have big poufy eyes from crying. I am a baby. Can't wait to buy the book!!

And a few other random things we did...
More hanging out with the cousins.


Lexi brought Jake a can of tuna (lemon flavored) all the way from Utah. No one else was allowed to touch it. It was just for Jakey.


We had our 1st Thanksgiving dinner with them. Yummy. Then made gingerbread houses. (we had to get as much holiday stuff packed in there as possible. We won't see them for Christmas :o()


Proof that we are scofflaws (OK we aren't as bad as a scofflaw. But we were bad this time!) Not enough room in the 8 seater SUV.


Yep. We still love him.


AND I FINALLY FOUND A PICTURE OF MY CUTE SADEE GIRL!!!



Poor Lexi got strep the last day we were there. She had to ride around in the Walmart cart. Thanks Walmart...


wOw. That about sums up our trip. It was fun and thanks to Jake and Trish for being so accommodating. We had a blast. Now get your butts out here permanently please!

If you want to see a video of me being the totally awesome mom I am, go here. No children were hurt during the making of this video. Just after the camera turned off. It's the post titled
* YAY! Family and Twilight*

2 comments:

The Anders said...

Holy cow. Looks like you all had a blast. I can't believe how big all the girls are. It's been a LONG time since I've seen them. I saw your mom-of-the-year video on Trish's blog awhile back and thought it was hilarious. Glad you had fun!

Stacey

ps-I loved the movie too.

Truthislight said...

Ok- I may never forgive myself for skipping the Twilight trip. So glad y'all got to PLAY though! I'm so glad you finally posted all this!
Love ya,
DK