Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It's happening

It's true. After all this nice, spring weather, we are getting more snow. Most of you think oh well an inch or two. It will melt in a day.

But here in the East of Layton, it's not the same. The last 2 snow storms produced 2 feet of snow each. In addition to what we already had. The crazy thing is that if you drive one, one stinkin' mile down the highway (193) it doesn't even stick to the road!!!!

So imagine my joy when we pulled into the drive after Disney and saw only 3(!!!) feet of snow! That's right. 3 feet left until I can see some grass. (Compared to the 6 when I left. Erin can verify that.) That was until the stupid weather man (OK, he's not to blame) said there will be another 2 storms. GREAT. 4 or so feet of snow. Spectacular!

I am going a little nuts. I want spring. I want want want want want it! Cali was a nice break but I am thinking a more permanent move to somewhere sunny and warm is in order. No more of this...

In other news (mommy blog news!) Lexi has been working really hard and now has 2 of 3 splits down. OUCH....







And Ty's imagination is running full steam now. At dinner he ate his grilled cheese into the perfect roller coaster for his cute little fingers. Oh I love this age (most of the time ;D)



Are you all as stir crazy as me?!?!

7 comments:

The Anders said...

I'm with you, except I'm more than stir crazy. I'm plain cuckoo. You would hate, hate, hate Minnesota. We have two seasons: winter and summer. Winter will usually last through April. Yea for me!!! :) OK, sorry for venting on your blog. I told you, I'm cuckoo.

Yea for Lexi! She is such a cutie. I love the roller coaster, too. I agree, they are fun at that age. Have a good one!

Love- stacey

Truthislight said...

Well... so far it's snowed and stuck TWICE this year, and frankly, I complained more than a little. Are we really moving back there? How 'bout y'all move here... 'Course, then you'll start saying "y'all" so it's sort of a trade off I guess... But you've GOTTA love the beach!!!!

Nancy said...

It's like mother Nature is playing a sick trick on us......
But I can't complain cause on the West Side we got like 2 inches....
hang in there!!

The Paulks said...

Bummer for you guys! I'm so glad we've had a mild winter... Our weather is so weird though, it could change tomorrow!

Of course, your kids are as darling as ever!

Christy said...

Sucks to be you! We were supposed to get snow in SC Sunday when we left for FL, but apparently got notta! I did see my old house in the one pic. Nichole does not need to see "our blue house". I'm getting stir crazy too :) Haha! Too much Disney, oh wait, is that possible ??:) Princesses begin tomorrow!!!

PS. I personally love not that Lexi can do the splits, but her socks in the pics! Haha!

Aubrey said...

I guess there ARE advantages to being dirt poor and living so far in the valley we're practically ON I-15--we don't get as much snow.

The Rasmussen Family said...

I know, I know, going private seems like such a weird thing...its like we are protesting that we are too important and we want to keep our lives out of public scrutanity. Oh well, I guess I've had one to many people leave comments and I have NO clue who they are... but thanks for leaving your email! Your kids sure are DANG adorable!