Monday, March 2, 2009

The happiest place on earth...

Last week Erin and I packed up 4 kids and ran away from the snow.



We hit up the aquarium at Mandalay. OK not really!! LOL! After the kids ran along this really cool wall for 40 minutes, we figured they had all the wiggles out and told them that was the aquarium. I really am hoping for that 'Mother of the year' award. I deserve it.


Hit up the M&M factory were M&M's cost a thrifty $11.99 per LB. And we bought a whole pound. RIP OFF.



Erin is so going to kill me! LOL If you have to privilege of knowing Erin you don't need an explanation for this. I LOVE HER!!!


We finally made it to SUNNY California! (Lexi was like a Japanese tourist the ENTIRE time. I can't figure out where she learned the peace sign?!?!)


Best-est friends. They were happy to wear shorts and t-shirts!


And then we went to..... DA DA DA! DISNEYLAND! The kids did so amazing the entire trip. Just a few melt downs, but nothing to major! We have the best kids. I love to travel with them.


The girls did Splash mountain (and loved it!!!), Thunder mountain, Pirates and Space mountain! I was so happy they were big enough to do some of the big kids rides.

We shared a 2 bedroom suite and the kids LOVED getting to play until bedtime and first thing in the morning. This is usually were you could find Ty and Ry. Once they were standing by the window BUTT NAKED. I am sure the people swimming love the nudist show ;o)


Ty's FAVORITE part of the trip was meeting Mater and McQueen. He also picked out a Mac truck as his Disneyland souvenir. He sleeps with it, eats with it and actually went to nursery and stayed (with it)!

Ty and his 'Mater face'


Ty and McQueen.


My favorite part was 'A Bugs Land' in California Adventures. It was so cute! If you haven't been there go! I highly recommend it.

Lex and Morg being bugs. LOL. I love them



Any one want to guess what Lexi's favorite part was.... Here's a hint.


Putting on a Princess dress and meeting the Princess's!


Ty was excited. He kept saying 'Princess's pretty'


Ry, on the other hand, was not at all OK, spending 2 hours with the princess's!



Belle was Lexi's favorite. She was stunningly pretty, and so sweet.


She had them do a princess twirl and a curtsy


They meet 5 princess and they were in Princess Heaven!


We finished off our trip with a special face painting. Lexi loved all the attention she got.


My pretty Princess



It took a lot to get us to come back to Utah. LA is sooo nice (weather wise :o)). We had sooo much fun and we are so glad we got to go with our best-est friends ever. We love you guys!

7 comments:

Kris said...

SO that's why we haven't heard from you in a long time. I am so jealous. I absolutely love Disney Land and would go every single month if I could since all my cousins live within a few miles of the place! Glad you had so much fun and it does look warm there!

Sabrina said...

Looks like a really fun trip. I'm dying to get away to anywhere right now.

Nancy said...

Glad you had a good time!! Love the aquarium thing Ha! ha!

The Paulks said...

Aaah, that looks like so much fun. I'm so impressed that you guys did this trip alone. Way to go! Glad you had a good time!

The Anders said...

I am so jealous too. I am about ready to die from cabin fever. Seriously. That would be so fun to do the trip with a friend and no men. Ok, that sounds bad, but true. Your little prince and princess are too cute! Have a great week!

Stacey

p.s. where is your pay it forward post? If I have to make something, so do you! :)

Andrew and Annalise Lange said...

You look like you had so much fun! I am jealous, even though it's been 85 every day for like 10 days here in AZ. :) Come and visit! Luv ya!

Truthislight said...

Oh gosh, if my kids ever get bigger a Disney trip would be so much fun. The other day I commented to Matt that maybe the kids were finally old enough we could ditch them with grandparents and take a cruise. Then he pointed to my 8-month belly. Guess that will have to wait till we quit popping them out, huh. :) Glad y'all had such a great time!