Oh my, I am so behind on blogging. We have been having such a great summer, who has time for blogging? I have been cherishing every moment I have with the kids before they both start school. This is the year that my little Lexi lady starts the public school system! It's like our endless time together (which I had sometimes prayed school would start sooner!) is being interrupted when I'm not sure I am ready for it! Ty is also starting preschool this year. I'm going to have 6 hours a week with no little ones tugging on my leg! What I am suppose to do with that time? I am sure I will have no problem filling it =).
Jim and Ty boating with our great neighbors the Beck's.
Lexi and cute Nikki. Thanks for taking us boating! We had a blast =)
While I have much blogging to do, I want my family to know how much I love them. We have had so much drama lately and I am so glad that we have each other to band together and say it's time for it to stop.
Toxic people in our lives will do us no good. They don't uplift and support. They don't make us better people. As much as we try we can not do enough for them. They don't truly love and we have the right to stay stop.
Personally, since yesterday when I said enough was enough, I have prayed and prayed about it and I feel such peace. Peace in knowing I did everything (and more) I could and it's time to say goodbye. Peace in knowing that this is what is right for me and my little family. It's hard because by being done and saying good bye, I loss someone that means so much to me. Someone I love. But if they don't choose to love back but to continuous and purposely hurt me back in return, it is time for that to end. I did say somethings (well truthfully only one thing) yesterday that were wrong and that I have regretted since posting it, but the rest I stand by.
I stand by my morals. I believe in Christ. He is my Savior and no one can take that from me. I am a daughter of God that is cherish and I don't need to be hurt and kicked over and over again. I am thankful for my parents who would give anything for their children. I am thankful for my sisters (yes they are in laws, but they don't feel that way) that all show me that they care, and that are there for me before I even know I need them. You ladies don't know how much I always wanted I sister and now I have 5 (yes, you too, Linny) and I am so lucky to have all of you! But right now, I am thankful for the power of prayer and the relief and peace I can feel by asking for guidance and forgiveness. I am thankful that I have a family that I love more than anything. And that I have eternity with them. I love the feeling of peace and the weight that has been lifted off my shoulders.
Having said this, I am done. Never to speak of it again, and never to think of it again.
Today, I am thankful.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Peace
Posted by Katey at 5:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
you occassionally are on my mind and in my thoughts....know that I love you and still think of all the times you have made me laugh and smile.
There seems to be a theme running through your blog and mine... :) I hope all is well in your life and now that you have found some peace. I know I have. I love your guts and am so glad we are keeping in touch a little more these days! Your comment on my blog made me cry I hope you know. :)Love you!
Love you Kate. Glad to hear it.
Post a Comment