I realize that 10 days ago I wrote about all of things of my first day as a single mom, potty training and Lexi being broken.
So here a sad update.
9 days ago I gave up on potty training. I just couldn't handle all of the stress with being home by myself, with Lexi the 'whiner' and Ty crying for daddy all day long.
But I turned a new leaf today.
Something happened last night. I snapped my self back into shape (not physically. I am still working on that. Want to hear the best part of that? I got a membership at the Clearfield Rec center. It's cheap, they have child care hours that are awesome, and the daycare is sooo clean. And TYSON, my child who won't go to Nursery at church, runs in and doesn't even care that I leave. knock on wood. Please don't let this change. Wow that was way of subject! Sorry!).
I decided I can't give up. I have to do this. So, this morning we woke up put on undies, and sat on the toilet until he went.
*Note to those considering starting the potty training with a boy. We tried the standing up method, it was like he couldn't relax while standing. The sitting method is working much better for us.
The first time he went, I swear to you, I saw something clink in his brain! Like 'Oh, this is what is suppose to happen. I don't just drop my pants and go anywhere!' So we put on our McQueen potty (party) hats, got out the stickers and had a big party.
Ever since then, he has been rockin'! He had one accident while standing next to the toilet while I was vacuuming, and couldn't hear him. I am sooo happy!
It feels good to have accomplished this yet again.
So here's to ALL you out there (most of you were very supportive!) who thought I couldn't do with a 2 year old boy..
We did it!
I know we're not done yet, and there will be lots more accidents but we are well on our way.
And the best news of all..
JIM COMES HOME TOMORROW! JUST IN TIME FOR HALLOWEEN!!! YAY!
*sorry all my post have been pictureless lately! I don't know why this is... But I promise more pics coming soon....
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Day 2.. I mean 10?
Posted by Katey at 2:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
I've been a single mom for the last 2 weeks as well and feel your pain! Mike gets home in 30 minutes... YEAH!! And I have a membership at the CAC as well (I actually work there one evening a week) so we should totally hook up and go. I've been going to the beginner spin classes and loving them!!! And the daycare is great as well!
Yea for Ty!! I'm still working on Mr Destructo. I put him in underwear and sometimes I remember toremind him to go--or hope he goes without me telling him.
Wait a Go Ty no congrats to katey but then again you did train Lexi and that was bad Jk any ways look at my blog I got a countdown
yeah
Post a Comment