Oh my heck! Have you ever had one of those days where privacy becomes a word you don't know the meaning of?!?!
I can't go into the bathroom without someone walking right in behind me, or someone banging on the door so loud I can't do my business. What is this?
And it's not just the kids. Nope.
If I decided to pee during nap time, it's like there is a sensor on the toilet that buzzes in their ears and they come running. Doesn't matter how quiet I am, or how asleep they are. They will still start pounding on the door, or waltz right in. I am at the end of my rope.
So here I sit, in my closet, with the door shut where no one can find me. They are all saying 'mama' and wondering around like little lost children. They are little children, but how can you be lost in your own house, RIGHT?
A lady needs a little privacy. Just a little.
Like when she needs to pee. Or getting dressed after getting out of the shower.
I guess that's why we build houses with walk-in closets. Because children don't think of looking there.
So if your in need of privacy, use the closet. If you don't have a big enough closet, well then, heaven help you.
I don't want to be done in the little sanctuary of mine (i.e. the closet), but someone is now crying.
I'm heading back out into the real world, to be a mom.
Wish me luck.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
PRIVACY PLEASE!
Posted by Katey at 9:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
LOL, Katey you crack me up. I agree. I have to find hiding spots wherever/whenever I can. It's ridiculous.
Good luck!
Yes, I have had those days...we started what was called Private time. It doesn't always work, but it does help. If the kids declare private time I have to leave them alone for about 5-10 minutes. They normally don't last that long. If I declare it I get the same thing. Not always perfect, but now whenever someone is in that position of tiolet needs we all will yell, "PRIVATE TIME!" Good luck!
I started locking the door. They got used to it. Except S-man. When that doesn't work, I yell. That's almost always effectiv for immediate results--don't ask about the long-term effects.
My word verification was booto--give them the Boot Oh!
Hmmm...the closet. I've never thought of the closet. I feel your post dude! It's my whole life. Awe the joys of being a mom!
You said it. Glad to know I'm not the only victim!
Post a Comment