Saturday, February 7, 2009

The secret of parenting

I have finally figured it out. Search no more for the answers...


Here they are.

#1.

Stop buying toys and start buying cardboard boxes. Provides entertainment while saving you lots of $$$


#2.

Teach children from a young age how to fend for themselves. Makes your job a lot easier.

#3.

Cover all necessary foods like fruits and veggies in lots of chocolate. Sit back and watch them all disappear.

OK, so that's not all the answers but it should start to make a difference in your life while I figure out the whole tantrum thing! Have a good day :o)

10 comments:

Christy said...

Ha, I have the first two down. Surprised you didn't learn the secret about fending for themselves a while ago. My kids have been doing that for months now and it allows me to sleep until I HAVE to get up not when THEY get up. :) As for the fruit and veggies, what veggies taste good with chocolate on them? And when you figure out the tantrum thing, let me know. Also if you figure out sass, let me know that too.

LM said...

The first few years we were in Vernal our basement was unfinished & we had all these big boxes from the appliances. My dad cut doors & windows in them & we played in them constantly. They were houses, stores, towns... Now that I think of it, boxes in the basement probably saved my parents' sanity, haha. I fully intend to invest in cardboard when I have kids someday!

The Paulks said...

Thank you very much for your advice. I need all the help I can get, plus that was funny!

Ashley said...

Genious! And also very funny!

Nancy said...

I love pics#2... What happens when the Freezer door opens???

The Anders said...

Thanks, Katey! That was cute. I used to get upset with Kalli when she'd climb all over the place getting stuff by herself. I have learned to love it. I don't have to get off my butt nearly as much. I would also appreciate a post about how to handle tantrums. Oh, and whining too. Could you do that? How about fighting while we're at it? :) Get to thinking, girl!

Stacey

Sarah said...

These are great ideas. Costco has tons of cardboard boxes in all sorts of sizes....they are Lizard's favorite.

rjzito said...

That is so awesome that you will be in D-Land the same time as us. We went last this time last year and it was perfect! Not to busy and we had beautiful weather. I really hope we run into eachother! I will be keeping my eyes open for you and now I have someone else to help me pray for that good weather! I think between the two of us we can get some serious sunshine! What do you think?

rjzito said...

Flying out Tuesday and coming home Friday. Can't wait!

It's just Barb said...

Cute! Love it! Katey, you make me smile! =)